Not sure what to do with those old laptops, tablets or phones?
Bring them into the school and FOW will recycle them into CASH!
If you have any mobile tech like phones, tablets or laptops that are:
- Fully functional and complete with working system software
- Turns on and off with working LCD
- All buttons work
- All features work e.g. touchscreen, Wi-Fi, camera, video etc
- Complete with back cover and battery
- No more than light wear and tear, no cracks, water damage or damage to screen
..Send them into school and FOW will turn them into funds for a new playground.
You don’t need the charger or the box as these do not affect the value of the item.
We will only use well known and established online companies to convert the items into cash such as Music Magpie.
These organisations are set up to recycle used technology.
If you would like to know how much you have donated to the charity in cash terms then put a note with the tech with your email address and name and we will let you know.
How to Reset Your Device
Its quite easy to erase the data from your device before giving it to us:
- On an iPhone, Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Erase All Content and Settings.
- On a Windows Phone, pick Settings > About > Reset your phone.
- On an Android phone go to settings, security, encrypt phone, and encrypt your phone with a password. Depending on your Android phone, that may also be under Lock Screen and Security, or Other Security Settings. Then go to Settings > Backup and Reset, and factory reset the phone. That will securely erase all your data.
For other devices search online to get info on resetting to factory settings.